UPDATED AS OF: June 25, 2021
EU and UK Data Subjects:
- To reach Toyota dealer sites, please click here.
QUICK GUIDE TO CONTENTS
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
- YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS, CHOICE AND ACCESS
- ADVERTISING/BEHAVIORAL TARGETING, HOW TO OPT OUT
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
- OTHER SITES
- CONSENT TO PROCESSING AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
- HOW TO CONTACT US
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect certain types of Personal Information (i.e. information that can be used to identify you as an individual such as your name, e-mail, telephone number, or business mailing address about you in a variety of ways, depending on your interactions with us, as described further below.
2. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- Contact Information: Contact Information includes information that may be used to contact you or identify you. Examples include your name, e-mail, telephone number, or business mailing address, social media IDs, online identifiers and user IDs.
- Online Activity Data: Online Activity Data includes information regarding your online interactions with the Platforms and other websites, where applicable. Examples include your browsing history on the Platforms, information collected from Toyota's cookies, and IP addresses.
- Payment Information for Subscriptions: Payment Information includes payment-related information in connection with your purchase of products and/or services from Toyota. Examples include your credit card or payment platform number which is collected and managed by our service provider in their system
- Research Data: Research data includes data collected by Toyota related to Toyota's product, service, and Platform research. Examples include your responses to surveys, and information you provide as part of a focus group.
- Legal Activity Data: Legal Activity Data includes information collected in connection with legal claims. Examples include information relating to disputes, claims, reimbursements and recalls.
We may collect Personal Information about you in a variety of ways, depending on your interaction with us or certain third parties. We may also supplement the information we collect about you directly and through our Platforms with information that we receive from third parties.
- Directly from You. We may collect Personal Information when you use the Platforms, request information, submit comments or participate in programs on the Platforms. You may also provide us with written, audio or video feedback or testimonials that contain Personal Information.
- From Other Individuals, such as your employer or a dealership with whom you do business.
- Automatically From Your Devices: We may also collect the following types of Online Activity Data automatically when you use the Platforms:
Whenever you visit or interact with the Platforms, we, as well as any third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Platforms is accessed and used (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include browser type, device type, operating system, application version, the page served, the time, the preceding page views, and your use of features or applications on the Platforms, such as interactions with friends and group activities.
We automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the Device (computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device) you use to access the Platforms. A Device Identifier is a number that is assigned to your Device when you access a website or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. We may use a Device Identifier to, among other things, administer the Platforms, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track users’ web page movements over time and across different websites, Platforms, or other mobile, online or offline services, to help identify you and your shopping cart, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Cookies; Pixel Tags.
The technologies used on the Platforms to collect Usage Information, including Device Identifiers, include but are not limited to: cookies (data files placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Platforms), mobile analytics software and pixel tags (transparent graphic image, sometimes called a web beacon or tracking beacon, placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed). We, or our vendors, may place cookies or similar files on your Device for security purposes, to facilitate site navigation and to personalize your experience while visiting our Platforms (such as allowing us to select which technical information bulletins are most likely to be of interest to you). A pixel tag may tell your browser to get content from another server.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect about and from you for a variety of business purposes such as:
4. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
- Respond to your questions and requests such as requests for service related information;
- Communicate about new products or services, and other Toyota information;
- Provide you with access to certain services, areas and features of the Platforms;
- Verify your identity;
- Communicate with you about your account and activities on the Platforms and, in our discretion, changes to any Toyota policy or notice;
- Conduct surveys;
- Internal research, design, marketing analysis, and analytics purposes, including to improve customer satisfaction and the Platforms, our vehicles and other products, and our services;
- Quality control purposes;
- Comply with license obligations;
- Comply with laws or other legal obligations, including for dispute resolution purposes;
- For purposes disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Information or otherwise with your consent.
- Your location based on your IP Address may be used by us to ensure security of our information.
Third Parties Providing Services On Our Behalf.
We may share your Personal Information with third parties that perform functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our partners) such as service providers that host or operate our Platforms, analyze data, process transactions and payments, fulfill orders or provide customer service; or other third parties that participate in or administer our Programs and "powered by" partners or partners in co-branded sites. Your Personal Information may also be used by us or shared with our subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, or other third parties to provide you with technical information.
Your Agreement To Have Your Personal Information Shared.
In the event that Toyota is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction
5. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS, CHOICE AND ACCESS
We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you are on another website and you opt-in to receive information from Toyota, that website will forward to us your e-mail address and other information about you so that we may contact you as requested. You may also choose to participate in a third party application or feature through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, including Usage Information and Personal Information. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users of a third party website give us access to their profiles and you are one of their “connections” or information about you is otherwise accessible through your “connections’” web page, profile page, or similar page on a social networking or other third party website or interactive service.
We may also supplement the information we collect about you through the Platforms with outside records from third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you and to offer you opportunities to purchase products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
6. ADVERTISING/BEHAVIORAL TARGETING, HOW TO OPT OUT
We provide you with choices with respect to your Personal Information. We strive to keep your Personal Information updated and accurate. Please contact the Dealer Daily administrator at your dealership, or affiliated dealership, to handle any updated Personal Information requests.
If you are participating in a Program, you may be able to access and update the information you provided as part of your participation in the Program. Please see the section of the Platforms concerning the specific Program to determine if you are able to access your information and how to do so.
In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through the Platforms. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Platforms are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. . If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her Personal Information without the parent/guardian's consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
8. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We take information security seriously and use certain reasonable security measures to help protect your Personal Information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Sites and provide us with your information at your own risk.
9. OTHER SITES
The Platforms may contain links to other sites that we do not own or operate, such as the sites for Snap-on and Bosch. These websites are not under our control, even though they may use the Toyota name or logo on their site through an agreement with us. We do not control, recommend or endorse and are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies or practices, even though they may use the Toyota name or logo on their site through an agreement with us. These other sites may send their own cookies to your Device, they may independently collect data or solicit Personal Information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any site which appears or claims that it is one of our Platforms.
10. CONSENT TO PROCESSING AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
The Platforms are governed and operated in, and in accordance with the laws of, the United States. Given that we are an international business, our use of your information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Platforms, or providing us with any information, you (a) acknowledge that the Platforms are subject to the laws of the United States, and (b) consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
12. HOW TO CONTACT US
Any questions or comments should be sent by submitting TIS Feedback.